Home > End User Agreement
End User Agreement
Terms and Conditions for Accessing Information
You agree that your use of the Public Records Databases is governed by the following terms and conditions:
1. Access to the Database. Upon registration, ThePhoneDetective.com grants you a nontransferable, nonexclusive license to access our databases and the information contained in the databases, solely for the purpose of performing lawful and appropriate searches for your own personal use. ThePhoneDetective.com and its databases are restricted to U.S. customers and information only. ThePhoneDetective.com does NOT buy, sell, rent, or distribute phone records or call logs under any circumstances. Illegal copies or use of text and/or images found through ThePhoneDetective.com and its affiliated websites is strictly prohibited. Use of systematic access tools and/or "bots" to automatically access the database is strictly prohibited and constitutes grounds for forfeiting your registration and membership.
2. General Restrictions. You agree to use our information only for appropriate, legal purposes, and in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Additionally, you agree that our databases and information may not be used to bother, stalk, harass, threaten or embarrass any individual. You may not use the service to look up celebrities or other public persons, or to locate individuals under the age of 18. Information shall not be provided or resold to any other person or entity without our prior written consent. You may not use any information obtained from the Public Records Databases for telemarketing or direct mail purposes. All searches of our databases are recorded, and you consent to such recording and to the provision of all information about your use of our databases to law enforcement and others as may be useful to respond to allegations that our service or information has been or may have been misused.
3. FCRA Restrictions. ThePhoneDetective.com is not a consumer reporting agency as defined in the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA"), and the information in the databases has not been collected in whole or in part for the purpose of furnishing consumer reports, as defined in the FCRA. You shall not use any of our information as a factor in (1) establishing an individual's eligibility for personal credit or insurance or assessing risks associated with existing consumer credit obligations, (2) evaluating an individual for employment, promotion, reassignment or retention (including employment of household workers such as babysitters, cleaning personnel, nannies, contractors, and other individuals), or (3) any other personal business transaction with another individual (including, but not limited to, leasing an apartment).
4. Under 18s. Children are not eligible to use our services and we ask that minors (under 18 years of age) do not submit any personal information to us.
5. Misuse. In the event that ThePhoneDetective.com suspects that our databases or our information has been misused, we will contact our suppliers and/or law enforcement agencies (as appropriate) and will provide them with all data needed to conduct an investigation. You consent to the provision of this information (including key search data) for such investigative purposes. You further agree to fully cooperate with all audits and investigations of our customers and our systems.
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. The information in our databases has been compiled from public records and other proprietary sources for the specific purposes of (1) locating individuals, property and businesses, and/or (2) providing general background information about individuals and businesses for verification purposes. Neither ReversePhoneDetective.com nor any of our data suppliers represents or warrants that the information is current, complete or accurate. ThePhoneDetective.COM HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES REGARDING THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE AND THE ACCURACY, CURRENCY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
ADDITIONALLY, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR ANY OTHER CLAIMS OF YOURS OR THIRD PARTIES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. You assume all risks associated with the use of our databases and information.
7. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree that you shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless ThePhoneDetective.com, its officers, directors, employees and agents, and the entities that have contributed information to or provided services for our database, against any and all direct or indirect losses, claims, demands, expenses (including attorneys' fees) or liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of your use of our databases and your use or distribution of any information obtained from the databases. We will promptly notify you of any such claim.
8. Membership. 8.01 You agree that by registering for ThePhoneDetective.com, you are not purchasing an isolated phone report or specific public record, but rather membership which allows for access to our database searches and tools. Your initial Full Phone Report may be "enhanced", which means it may draw information from additional data providers that cannot be accessed again. Full Phone Reports are obtained within the membership interface by using the search forms, and information within each report depends on availability for that exact record. When a webpage or email says "Full Phone Report: Available", it means that information about that phone record is available in our database. IT DOES NOT GUARANTEE that owner name and address will be available-- especially for cell phone numbers, as not all phone companies make this information available. A Full Phone Report without owner name and address is not considered "defective" if other details are available about the number (such as carrier or location). Per our guarantee policy, sales will only be refunded if the product is deemed "defective".
8.02 Expert staff assistance is available free of charge as part of membership, and at times our staff may use resources outside of the members area in order to assist you. These resources do NOT include investigation methods related to pretexting. We reserve the right to terminate, cancel, or disallow any person from membership for any reason at our sole discretion. You agree that your sole recourse in the event that your membership is terminated is the refund of your membership fee for the current membership period and that no other amounts or claims for damages, loss or remedies will be due or available to you.
Disclaimer: Reverse Phone Detective does NOT buy, sell, rent, or distribute phone records or call logs under any circumstances. By conducting a search, you agree to use our information only for appropriate, legal purposes, and in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, as outlined in the End User Agreement.